Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

valet switch wiring

K_I_W_I

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SENATOR SIG.ll
can anyone tell me how to wire a valet switch? ie. where the switch has to be wired to..

White Tiger

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina, RB30 GQ Patrol
A valet switch is part of most modern car alarm systems.

Suppose you need to lend your car to a friend, or take it to a full-service car wash. Maybe even go someplace so fancy they actually have valets. (Hence the name...) It's not usually practical to give these people the remote to your car alarm -- they're typically kinda big, at least on the scale of things that go in your pants pocket -- but at the same time you don't want the poor bastards to have to listen to your car's pointless screaming. (Many car alarms have a cutoff either to the ignition or the fuel pump, so they'd be screwed, and your car might be damaged as well.)

Enter the valet switch. It's a tiny switch (rarely more than a couple centimeters), tucked away in some unobtrusive location (most typically under the car's dashboard on the driver's side, but occasionally in the glove compartment, or even under the hood in the fuse-box). Flip the switch, and the blinking light usually goes from blinking to solid, and the alarm is disabled until you flip the switch back.

K_I_W_I

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SENATOR SIG.ll
WTF is a valet switch?

valet switch greatly limits your cars performance when switched on... great if you are leaving your fire breathing pride n joy in the hands of some wanabe race driver mechanic etc.:banstick: