Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior lights

smith#29

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs II exec
Hey fellas, beginning my interior install with a few lights, and just need a little bit more help.

i reckon i've found the wires that lead to the interior dome light but just need to double check whats what. There is two orange wires coming out of a clip (look at picture) one has orange with white trace and the other is solid orange (i think). Im pretty sure the solid orange one is positive, and the orange with white is negative? is this correct?

CIMG5145.jpg

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Sozz I think the VY loom is different.. Can I ask if you've pulled the cabin light out and had a look?? As at least then you'll be able to trace it .... Simple ;)

VSPantha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS V8
Hey bud.
That's a VS in your pic right? Coz that is the interior light circuit... just link into those cables and you should be set to go. Just be careful if you're using extra globes to make sure your fuse is appropriate for the load on the circuit.

smith#29

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs II exec
Yep, sorry forgot to mention its in the vs. Well all should be good then i rekon, another question, Is the positive constant and the negative switched or the other way around?

VSPantha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS V8
I 'think' it's negative switched... but you may want to double check on that. When I did mine, I used a multimeter to see which wire was positive and which was negative (I was using LED's which are polarised)... then just tapped into that circuit and piggybacked off it. The lights will only come on when you open doors, or turn the interior light on. If you want to add switches etc you still can as long as you run the new circuit in parallel, but if you want to use the added lights independently of the door/light switch you'll need another power source (ie - cigarette lighter)