Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

headlamps turn on by themselves

kiaidokid

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp calais
hi guys, i just picked my vp calais up from the auto sparky today after getting him to look at a problem with my headlamps, the problem was that they kept turning on by themselves and then turning off again,yep sounds weird i know but its true. the switch is off and the lights still come on, The sparky checked the switch and wiring for faults and also replaced 2 relays and a fuse and holder that looked a bit dodgy but couldnt find anything else wrong, but bugger me its still doing the same thing, turning on and then off again while im driving. anyone got any ideas or had the same problem? cheers.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
is it when you are braking? it could be a blown brake/tail light bulb.
if it is any time you could have a short in your wireing causing it to trigger the relay.

kiaidokid

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp calais
Na thats not it, sent it back to the sparky today and he fially traced it back to the hi beam/low beam switch, he reckons it was shorting out somehow and creating a negative earth which was turning the lights on, i dont understand electrics so i just gotta take this muppets word for it i guess and pay the bill. thanks anyway mate:beer chug: