Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Connecting foglights to VY Exec

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
G'day guys, wondering what my options are as far as connecting foglights to my VY Exec, I've recently bought a new front bar and i'm looking to put some foggies in. I had a mate do the same who paid $300 for an auto electrician to wire them up for him.

I can assume there's no wiring loom already there, being the exec model. I've heard of people hooking them up to their highbeam circuit, but that too me seems pointless to only having them on when the highbeams are on.

Is it possible (and safe) to hardwire them to the battery, and an independent switch (through a relay of course)?

Cheers.

Tim

aza03

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ss
when i put fog lights on my vy i just ran new wiring from the battery and used the relay kit that i got with the lights. then i ran one wire into the car and connected it to the parker relay so when i turn my parkers on the fog lights also come on. so instead of having an independent switch i just use my normal light switch. this works fine for me.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
Have a look mate the wiring might be there. You'll see a plug on each side behind the bar around the area that the fog lights are. Also look in the fuse bow under the bonnet and see if the fog light relay space has pins in it or if its blank.
If you have the wiring then its just a case of getting the lights, a fog headlight switch and a relay.

If not then they must be hooked up to your parkers. They cant be on without parkers.
Any auto elec should be able to do it for you, or give it a go yourself as long as your connections ore solid, neat and wires run and taped up properly