Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

volts gauge

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
hey guys i was wondering if u could tell me in detail how to wire up a volts meter in my car if possible as close 2 step by step, also include the best spots to wire it to because there are a few goin around
thanks

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
12 volts from the ciggy lighter power feed and earth to the car body

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
what happens if there is a light in the gauge. and i have been told ppl connect to the ignition so it only works when the key is turned

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
can take the light feed from the dash or ciggy lighter light fitting or if you are in a hurry can use the same power feed from the 12v source like i have my gauges lights turn on with my gauges day or night if you use the ciggy lighter for power it will only turn on with the key on

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
attach to the ciggie lighter as mentioned if you want it on when the car is on, but loses power like the radio when your starting the car.

i hooked up mine to get power directly from the battery though a spare fuse slot, so i always get live readings when I'm starting the car, but its switch activated.

as far as installing it: positive to positive source, ground to bare metal (screw) or negative wire, lights should be positive which in the VS is brown wire (believe its the same in VP)

P.S one thread is enough :beer chug: