Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo Problem.

Deneo

Lock your Daughters up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Statesman
Hey guys,

Wiring a new stereo up.
Came into a problem, I can't get the head unit to turn on with the ignition, It's all wired properly i'm sure as iv'e spent 3 hours playing around with it. Every time i turn the car on the head unit flashes on for a second then turns off again anbd i loose my radio station etc.
The car is a VS Statesman. And any help is greatly appreciated as its doing my head in!
Thanks guys
Deneo.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Hey guys,

Wiring a new stereo up.
Came into a problem, I can't get the head unit to turn on with the ignition, It's all wired properly i'm sure as iv'e spent 3 hours playing around with it. Every time i turn the car on the head unit flashes on for a second then turns off again anbd i loose my radio station etc.
The car is a VS Statesman. And any help is greatly appreciated as its doing my head in!
Thanks guys
Deneo.

How did you wire it? Bullet terminals or soldered? Seems like the power wire is wriggling loose.

Deneo

Lock your Daughters up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Statesman
Nah all joined, It's only when i turn the ignition on the stereo starts for 2 seconds then turns back off, I can still turn it back on after that, but then it's lost my radio station or what ever's on, Like its reset. thanks for the reply

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
Check your battery and ignition wires. generally ones yellow and ones red... try swapping them around. i had the same problem with my first car... similar symptoms anyway

terry_toughnuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Did you check that the wire turns on with the iginition? It sounds like you have only the permenant battery wire connected and not the ignition one. Use a voltage tester to and switch the igintion on and off and make sure the wire goes from 0-12v when you turn the key....

Elmo's_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.9
hey mate

u need 2 check the acc wire and the positive wire if it resets everything then its ur acc wire
hooked to the rong 1