Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door loom short

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
My drivers front speaker cuts in and out depending on how far open the door is.

Can be made to drop in and out by wiggling the rubber flexi part in the door jamb.

I'm guessing 2 wires (at least) have worn through their insulation, is there an easy way to fix this as I'm not sure which way is going to be easiest to approach the problem. (Never had to fix this before, guessing it's a common problem though)

Cheers
Sam

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Yes mate.. and I suggest that you don't stop with just those two wires.. It's not so much worn through the insulation.. more the cables are fatigued.. As in most case's the insulation breaks down first then the cable . Replace the lot ;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ecotec
quite often i find in this problem that the terminals on either the door connector UNDER SHEATH or on the stero speaker is loose.

to check simply tighen the terminals if doesn't go away then wiring id faulty and even if fault is in one section better too replace AT LEAST that whole wire from cabin at door rubber area all the way too the speaker.
sorry but not any other way around this one!~

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
A new door loom shouldnd cost that much from holden so do it the correct way the first time and just change the door loom, its not that hard just takes a bit of time

first just double check its the loom and not the plug.

VSColl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
When do you listen to the radio with the door open?

btw I am sincerely asking.