Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S=cheap jumpstarter

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn vacationer auto v6 sedan
Hi , had one of these 600amp ( yellow ) ones for about 5 years now , always kept it fully charged , used it a few times to help people start cars but normaly just to run a light or radio etc, going up bush soon and i always take it with me , just wondering how long the battery normally is good for on these things , i mean good enough to start a car, ta ..........

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
it should have a red light that comes on when it's low. also, mine (red one) came with a car charger. so as long as your car's ok you can recharge it.

COMMY VP 666

COMMY VP V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE VP
get it the battery tested..... tell ya how good it is. charge then get it tested

sunincar

Sunincar
Reaction score
Website
www.sunincar.com
Members Ride
VL
normally, the battery jump starters can be used for 5 years.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Easy mate, before you go, just hook up to whatever you feel you will use it for and time how long it last before the red light comes on. I have one that I used to jump start the ride-on mower and I now find it don't last as long as they say, even though it always gets charged. I did pull the battery out and it looks like a 12v bike battery only fully sealed

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
My 1900amp purple supercheap one been alive for 8 years. It still starts the caprice when needed.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Hi , had one of these 600amp ( yellow ) ones for about 5 years now , always kept it fully charged , used it a few times to help people start cars but normaly just to run a light or radio etc, going up bush soon and i always take it with me , just wondering how long the battery normally is good for on these things , i mean good enough to start a car, ta ..........

I had a yellow 400amp one with compressor lasted just on 5yrs ,

I have a black 600amp one that's still going and is 8 yrs old

plus i bought a 1200amp one from SCA for 100 bucks a couple year ago .

What I do is charge them with a good battery charger instead of that pos they give you., so try that as it'll recondition the battery and increase it's life.