Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putting new rear speakers into my vt

cheethamz17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 S Pac
hey i just bought a 97 Vt S pac but it has no rear speakers. How do i cut out the like back "dash" where they will go and the metal underneath? then how do i wire it up?

thanks

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
hey mate, what kinda speakers are you trying to put in the parcel shelf? 6x9's etc?

OK first thing you need to do is remove the back seats, to do this you will notice on the bottom of the seats there are a couple of pull tab type things on the drivers and passenger sides. Pull these to release the bottom of seat. now you will be able to see the bolts that hold the top part of the seats in, undo these. Now undo the child restraint bolt if you have one, and there is 2 plastic screw things and theres a plastic peicein the middle where the middle flap folds down, remove this. Now it should be ready to remove, I think lol, I may have missed something cos its been a while since I last pulled it out but once you have teh seats out its pretty straight forward.

Julie

you should find a wiring guide on the forums somewhere!