Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ car speed signal wire???

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
hey everyone, i have just installed a pioneer avic f910bt deck into my vz exec which has a gps function however, there is one wire which says CAR SPEED SIGNAL INPUT (connect to cars speed sensor line)?? where is this? i assume its connected somehow to the cluster, if so, what do i do and which wire is it?
any help appreciated.

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
Transmission speed sensor is wired to the PCM through terminal D5 - Tan, and C6 - Blue/White (one will be signal, the other earth). From here the PCM converts it into serial data and sends it to the cluster module via the CAN system.
Make sure you shield any wiring that you tap from these terminals, as stray magnetic fields from pulsed signals can muck around with other systems.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Tap into the loom behind the instrument cluster, its the purple/stripe one , I tapped in about half way along the loom after carefully unwrapping that cotton covering , make sure you solder the connection & tape up well with insulation tape.