Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Aftermarket Power Antenna

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I have an aftermarket (aeropro ap6) power antenna for my VR, I attempted to hook it up yesterday but the antenna went straight up as soon as I connected the red cable when the car was off, then when I connected headunit aerial cable to the factory loom with the car on, the antenna goes down, so it's in reverse?

I'm not too sure what's going on but I've tried switching cables around and such but can't get it to work, can anyone help with this issue?

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Okay black should go to earth, coaxial cable to the antenna jack near the ECU, red to yellow ignition cable (you might need to check that one) and green goes to the head unit (usually a blue cable).

When you get it working it should be noted that if you have a Pioneer head unit the antenna will remain up for as long as it is on. It will not go down when you change the source to iPod, AUX 1, CD etc.

Tweetbix

Reaction score
Members Ride
Evo VI
do you know if it would be possible to attach a switch to this. for example im going to a car wash and it requires the antenna to be down so that it doesnt get ripped off, and i want to listen to the radio or something but keep the engine on.