Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trans cooler fan

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
I would like to put a small fan on my trans cooler, but unsure what would be the best way to wire it up,
I have a switch wired up to the high speed relay that I can put the high speed fan when I want it to, as my high speed fan seems to take ages for it to come on, is there a way to use the same switch to make the high speed fan and trans cooler fan to come on at the same time or would I need another switch for the trans cooler fan.
any thoughts would be appreciated
thanks

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
You can run the trans cooler fan off the same relay as long as you check the current ratings of the relay. The relay shouild have some markings on it saying what current the contacts can handle. Next ,check the current ratings of both fans and add them together.to see if they exceed the current ratings of the relay. If you are unsure, get another relay for the trans cooler, and use the same switch to turn both relays on at the same time. This will do the trick.

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
Thanks very much mate, very helpful.
cheers.

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
No problem.