Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Brake light issue

valiant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Hey all

No brake lights but have taillights?
Have checked fuse under the dash and its not blown "but has constant power to it" checked the globes and they are also fine. No power getting to the plug for globe tho. Is there another fuse in the engine bay that has anything to do with the brake lights? Im guessing not. If anyone has a read able wiring diagram that would be kickass.

Thanks fellas

Salmon

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
Heres what im trying to do: Put the Vt Plug on the VX lights, i have uploaded a pic to show u what i mean.

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 593

Salmon

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
wtf whys that posted on this thread? my bad haha

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
Hey Valiant, I'm not sure where it is located on the Commodores, but there is a switch that is activated by the brake pedal whitch turns on the brake lights. It was a comon fault for some models of Falcons for the switch to fail so the brake lights no longer turned on. On the falcons the switch was down in the footwell near the pedal itself. Not sure where abouts on the commodores though sorry.

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
If you drop down the cover under steering wheel, you will find just a bove the air vent tube and in a bit is a the switch, Its easier to remove the duct and some brackets to get to the switch.