Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Parking Sensors

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
i, I just purchased some reverse parking sensors, but the display is on the mirror. It clips onto my rear view mirror and when I'm in reverse shows up as as an LCD image on the mirror. Installing them seems like a bit of a bitch.

Drilling the holes and putting in the sensors is fine, but it's the rest of the stuff I can't do. I'll probably need an auto sparky to run the wire from inside the roof trim to the boot, connect wires from the sensor hub to the reversing light and to connect the detectors from inside the rear bumber to the hub.

Anyone have any idea how much this should cost? If I do the drilling myself.

It's actually meant to be DIY kit, but I'm clueless when it comes to anything electronic..

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
it should be pretty much connect A to B job. the hardest bit might be taking off trims to hide wires. instructions are usually pretty reasonable with those.... (unless its a terrible translation....)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
vlv8vic said:
it should be pretty much connect A to B job. the hardest bit might be taking off trims to hide wires. instructions are usually pretty reasonable with those.... (unless its a terrible translation....)

How do I take off the trims? Is there a certain way to do it?

Also does anyone have any idea on how to hook up those two wires to my reversing light?

The instructions don't cover these..

Cheers