Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jaycar Central Locking

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Hello GREAT ORACLE

I am attempting to install a jaycar kit into my F**D.

I have run the + from the battery and negative to a common ground. I have also run the door wires into the door and attached the controlling actuator.

As far as I can tell i have power through the brown wire right to the door, but when I go to lock the car none of the actuators active (I am holding it in my hand) they are just dead.

I am stupid with electrolics (well sort of) so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
So youve connected the red wire coming out of the central locking relay box to constant 12v power, and the black wire to earth? The master actuator (d/s door) has the 5 wires going to it i assume, just make sure all those little bullet connectors are nice and tight, if they're not it can cause a poor connection. I would suggest double checking every one of these connectors and making sure youve got power at the red wire / fuse isnt blown.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
After some testing

O.k So I have been playing with this no go so here is some more info

Picture441.jpg

Here is the connection to the battery and after testing with the multimeter I get 12V from the battery to the red wire going into the control module as indicated below

Picture451.jpg

Here is the ground that I am using, it was one that was put there for an aftermarket alarm

Picture446.jpg

Here is a quick pic of the control module, those last 2 wires I have cut are for an aftermarket alarm (the one installed in this car does not work.

Picture447.jpg

Some pics of the other connections.

Picture442.jpg

Picture448.jpg

O.k. so I have 12 from the car battery through the red wire, I have also tested each wire to the primary actuator with a AA batter and I get 1.5 V on each wire.

I am stumped, I am about to give up and get a new kit, I don't see where I am going wrong, If anyone has an idea PLEASE HELP

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I am using the lock itself, no remote, I am putting the key in the door and turning the key, while holding the actuator, I would have thought this would be enough to at least do something (even if it did cycle).

The alarm wires for this unit were shorter and they were the ones I removed (so I wouldn't get confused)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ah! ok, now ya just gotta question whether you cut the right ones ;) from memory (it was about 4 months ago when i installed my jaycar alarm) the trigger wire is also thinner too, so your probably right.

the other thing i remember is that the plug that goes into the controller is PANTS, rubbish. i had to pull the connectors out one by one and squish em' a bit to get good contact. even now the locks sometimes flick on/off while your driving. so make sure one of the metal connector things hasnt been pushed out of the back of the plug.

thats all i can think of really, as long as the top pic is the one you are opening and closing the bottom pic should also open and close.

Aarony92

Aaron
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Bought a similar kit from super cheap, and had similar problems with it, turns out the actuators and control modules were dead. changing the green and blue wires will only make the actuator open and shut in the opposite way as in when you lock it opens and when you unlock it closes. also i thought these actuators required 12volts to operate not 1.5?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
take the actuator with 5 wires, and push the plunger down, then pull it up. if everything works, the rest will follow it. if not, its a faulty actuator/module, or something you've wired wrong. is there only one actuator with 5 wires, or 2?

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Bought a similar kit from super cheap, and had similar problems with it, turns out the actuators and control modules were dead. changing the green and blue wires will only make the actuator open and shut in the opposite way as in when you lock it opens and when you unlock it closes. also i thought these actuators required 12volts to operate not 1.5?

that 1.5 V test was just to make sure my solderiing was correct :)

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
take the actuator with 5 wires, and push the plunger down, then pull it up. if everything works, the rest will follow it. if not, its a faulty actuator/module, or something you've wired wrong. is there only one actuator with 5 wires, or 2?

There is only one, although in hindsight I should have got the 2 controller version. I wish I had kept the reciept, I may just have to buy a new kit, bugger