Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue LED Number Plate lights for my VX Commodore Equipe?

curks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX Equipe 3.8L
Hi guys,

I'm looking to change my current number plate lights to BLUE LED lights.

What lights do I need? I looked all over the net and e-bay but couldn't find anything specific.

PLEASE HELP!

Cheers,

Steve

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Woah and you still Haven't been pulled over yet?

From a distance you can barely see the number plate writing from the blue light, Not to mention it completely goes against the rules, And you'd stand out like bog balls too police, I have a friend who had changed theirs, That night he was pulled over for it....

I'm pretty sure it needs to be a certain colour, It might look awesome, But quite a stupid thing to do if you don't want attention from police.....

I'm hoping though I'm wrong of course, And the cop was just an arsehole..... I've wanted too do it for a while too, But It seems everyone I talk to who's done it has been pulled over for it.

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Ive had my blue LED number plate and parker lights on for about 7-8 months now i havent been pulled over once.
I also have HID's Hi and Low beam aswell

had police behind me numerous times and they just kept going on there way
Though i keep the original ones in the glovebox because i always expected to get pulled over with them

curks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh I'll just keep the originals handy in the car in case I get pulled over. Always need back-up lol.
So when I change them.. how do I take them out of the cover? I've never done it before and dont want to break anything?

Cheers

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
It is illegal, in victoria at least. They need to be white. You could have just been lucky, I know I could have been pulled over so many times before for things like that but I guess the cops have other more important things to do, or they might not be traffic cops. Non traffic cops have a fair amount of things to get to, domestic disturbances and stuff so it's understandable that they won't give too hoots about a wrong coloured light.

curks

Reaction score
Members Ride
How do I change the rego plate lights?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
To answer your question, it is really easy to replace the number plate lights, almost impossible to break anything. It'll be easier to lift the boot up to your eye level, then you can see that there is a clip that you push in, and pull down. The light that is in there is a T10 type, exactly the same as the parker lights.
I wouldn't expect you to be able to get around too much before being pulled over. I find it hard to believe that a cop would look past the blue number plate light.. I've got white LED's in mine, and it looks incredibly good on the white paint, much better than the stock yellow halogen.

JimmyC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Try Checking the Owners Manual.....oh and don't worry i'm not going to lecture you on how my mates got pulled up for changing there plate lights.

matais3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
old thread, but i bought the globes in blue from repco but they arent very good, is it possible to get the actual cover in a different colour?