Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric vq caprice seats into vn calais

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
Has anyone done it before in a vn calais? Ive done some research and apparently it will all fit straight in except for minor overhang on the edge of the rear seats which doesn't bother me.. The only thing i couldn't find was how to wire up the front seats, im not worried about the memory module just want the seats to operate with or without the accessories switched on (as is the caprice seats work without key turned on acc or ON position) Does the vn calais have the plug in the loom already, will i need to splice some new wires to the existing loom or do i make a relay setup and hook straight to the battery via accessories?

Any info would be more than appreciated.

Also i should mention the vn is a series 1 and the vq is series 2! seems the series 2 caprice had the same wiring harness as the vr-vs and is different to the vn series 1...

Last edited:

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
im moving this question to the vn-vp section of the website, can a mod please delete this thread in the electrical section.