Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stop lamp not working properly??

sickboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Chev.. VT V6.. VY Wagon V6
Hey people, My VN's stop lights work fine until I turn the lights on then the high stop lamp in window goes faintly, & when brake applied the driver side lamp goes out??
I have checked bulbs & fuses they are good, what should I check out now??
Cheers

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
check brake light bulbs again. when the park light blows the filament can short to the brake light and will cause this. due to the bulbs being dual filament

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
also make sure you have globe in right way, sometimes people force them in the wrong way and this happens. also water damage in the socket can cause this as well. i can remember having issues all the time with VN tail lights at the dealership like that. another one is when people force a single element globe in where a double element should be.

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
Also, VNs have terrible quality wiring connectors inside the plastic globe holder. I've seen heaps where the earth for the globe is broken/burned inside the plastic holder. Only a sharp eye and close inspection can find it.
This will give the symptoms described.

sickboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Chev.. VT V6.. VY Wagon V6
Sweet Thanx guy's, the boot was very wet so hopefully fixed the leaks was mainly coming thru the tail lights.& have dried it all out, Have checked all bulbs again & all good & connectors. the lights seem to work properly now & again but the high stop lamp still goes without the brake applied?? will get in for another look when off work & keep ya posted. think it may well be connectors? as you guys said..