Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Undercar Lighting Wiring Help

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
Hey guys, I got a question for yas about running a set of undercar lights .. Yes, i know their illegal and all so thats why im not going to drive on the streets with them (just on the racetrack and whatnot).

But what my idea is, is to install the lights under the car and somehow run a wire into the cabin somehow and tap into the interior lighting circuit, and then run a switch (so they can be permentally turned off).. So what happens the lights under the car switch on when the door and stuff is open then switch off when the door is closed..

So im lost on how to wire these up, should i run a relay system and give the lights their own circuit? or just run it straight from the interior lighting one,, The lights are just 2 30 LED light strips so 60 LEDS all up, im thinking this should be okay, but just wanna make sure.

and also where would be the best place to tap into the interior lighting circuit .. is there any wires near the driver kickpanel that i could use?

Thanks again Guys!

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Mate I would say that you could just wire it in to your interior light wire near driver's kick panel/scuff plate. From memory the wire you want is orange with a white stripe? Use a test light. Then yeah, run to a switch, and run an earth. Personally I would fuse it before the switch.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
hey mate, thanks for the reply.. i thought there were wires in the kick panel just wasnt so sure on the colors.. but thanks for the info of the orange/white ill check it out..

if there was no wires in the kick panel i was just gonna run it straight from the lights itself.. but the kick panel would be better as i wouldnt have to use kilometers of wire hah.. thanks again dude!!