Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr commodore alarm install help needed

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
:surprise:hey guys gunna be putting my new alarm in tomos just wanna ask a few questions 1st,
is the interior light switch, positive or negative triggered? what is the best choice for immobliser, fuel or starter motor cut off? which is easier? what wires do i look for, for this, hopefully under steering wheel somewhere?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
interior light is negative switched. how many immobiliser circuits are there with your alarm? im guessing 2 or more. if its 2 the quickest and easiest would be the ignition and starter wires coming off the ignition switch, but if you want to make it harder for thieves you could go to the fuel pump wire which should be in the harness in the drivers side door sill. Basically you want all the wiring to be taped up neat so it looks stock and try to hide the alarm box up out site so its hard to find.

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
:hmmm:cheers for that info, what about the central locking what is the easiest way to tap into that, is that also neg triggered? or just a simple positive, negative?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
i wouldnt worry about central locking, you cant deadlock a VR by remote control, easier to just leave the key push button for that locking and standard alarm activation and manual deadlock once locked. much more secure than alarm activated central locking activation

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
i wouldnt worry about central locking, you cant deadlock a VR by remote control, easier to just leave the key push button for that locking and standard alarm activation and manual deadlock once locked. much more secure than alarm activated central locking activation

i always deadlock the door, i just dont wanna have to push 2buttons lol, i hookd it up 2day without the central locking or the immobliser, but i got fed up withit an pulled it out, due to alarm going off by its self after 30 seconds of arming :( could this be because i didnt hook up the central locking and immobliser etc? WHERE EXACTLY DO I PUT NEG TRIGGER WIRE FOR LIGHT

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
ive put the -ve trigger off the drivers door switch with a diode, youll need a diode i think coming off to the alarm. just strip back some insulation and solder the diode on and attach to alarm input. may trigger because of no diode, central locking will have no effect on it.
if you really want to hook up to central locking, ive done it through the solenoid on drovers door, found the wires that trigger the locking and hooked to that behind the drivers kick panel.
the immobiliser i take off the ignition relay, coil side, under the bonnet.

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
my alarm doesnt say u need a diode, ? do i just soldier it to the wire that goes on2 the botton off triger switch, what size diode?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
yeah solder to the sire that plugs onto door switch. i always use a diode incase it interferes with the BCM and i have had cases where alarms have and visa verca. just a 1N4004, csot about 10 cents from dicksmith or any other electronics shop.
just make sure the band faces towards the door switch.

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
i ended up puting triger wire to negative wire of interior light found behind kick panel, works now, where would be the easiest way to tap into central locking?? also into indicators? cheers for ya help

Ninety3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Can anyone tell me if the trigger for the central locking in a VP SS is + or -?
I have 5 wires in the loom for the actuator and think that i have found the on/off wires (im assuming the other 3 are; constant neg and the message senders for the other actuators). I have 4 options in my alarm for the cent lock: pos trigger, neg trigger, pos & neg trigger and barrel lock. Can anyone help me out? I was running an aftermarket actuator from an old kit i had lying around, but it only works when it wants (sometimes i need to slam the door) so ive decided to splice into the factory loom. Any help is appreciated. Thanks