Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Brake lights

RedBull77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY VC VK
When my head lights are on, only 1 of my brake lights work and the tail lights work fine, however when my head lights are turned off, all my brake lights work fine, what could be cause of this?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
crap earth, poor connection in one of the light sockets, wong globe put in or put in wrong. pull all globes out, check for corrosion and clean and reinsert.

RedBull77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY VC VK
if I need to re wire it, is it very hard to do?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
na, just goto the dealer you can get a new wiring loom pretty cheap that just plugs in. its not that long, easy to do, common thng i used to do.

AGRSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS, Cammed VN V6 daily
or you can just get some wire and solder it on the end of the crappy earth, normally the earth inside the globe recepticle has corroded, you can pull out the metal recepticle and give it a quick sand to get some nice new metal exposed

justincredible

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6 Calais V
i had same problem and it was wiring, corrosion and something else too. WATER. pull the globes out, poke your finger around in the lense (where the light globe usually goes) and make sure there is no water in there. If there is, you may need to drill some tiny holes to create a bit of ventilation and speed up the evaporation process. water gets in from the condensation build up on those cold days and nights, not coz the lights are leaking.