Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

an easy way to hook up a switch to have controll of the thermo fans??????

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
just wondering if thers a simple way to hook up a switch to over-ride the thermo fans and make them stay on but still leave it hooked up to the temp control thing(whatever turns it on and off normaly)

basically i want it----
if stuck in a traffic jam- can switch it on and fans stay on..
if on hwy can turn it off and let it come off and on like normal.

why?- just got cooler thermostat and the fans wont kick in till reaches normal temp then temp sits basically where it used to, if cruise for a min or 2 it drops that extra little bit.

what i'd really like is if can disconnect the wires on air-con compressor ( it empty anyway) and somehow make the aircon pressure switch think its full so when i turn aircon on the fans will come on but compressor wont :D is that possible???????

Reaction score
Members Ride
well that wasn't hard. problem solved. disconnect the aircon pressure switch and it works haha :D turn air in on on the dash and just the fans come on... air con compress dont come on either.

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
Just one question...

Why do you want your engine running cooler all the time? You engine will make more power and run more efficiently the hotter it gets (to a point, obviously). If manufacturers could make the coolant operate normally (and be safe to humans) at 150 deg C, they would. Engines will operate safely at this temperature forever.

Reaction score
Members Ride
its just what everyone else is doing when they up the boost on the super6's. Its only 10deg's cooler than normal so not a hell of alot different.., i suppose the charger spinning quicker is creating a bit more extra temp so the cooler thermostat will equal things out.
And its ment to stop any chance of pre ignition/pinging which ya get with the pulley upgrade,.
I'm not planning on having the fan on constantly, just on extrean hot day's and bad traffic.