Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt ls1 auto starts sometimes then cuts out other times it just wont start at all??

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
Hey all,well tried the google is my friend but cant seem to find anything relating exactly to my problem....unless me going blind. The issue is this: VT LS1(Not that i think the engine size is an issue) auto,every now & then when you jump in it,hot or cold you would turn the ignition on & nothing. Dash lights etc come up but,she no turn over. Turn it back off,pull key out & try again,then after either doing it once or a few times she would turn over again but,either cut out again after firing or idle as normal. Sometimes i would turn the key around a few times,to try different positions etc. I also have slightly moved the rubber dohicky around the ignition barrel,just in case the pin on the key wasnt making there connections correctly. But still nothing. Recently it came up with service error but i reset that & cleared it. Also removed console & checked all earths,unpluged bcm,waited & replugged back in. Done the same with all necessary fuses etc as per all given recomendations found that may possibly linked in some way. At this point in time the vehicle not long after stopping the car,just after the service error thingy came up it will now only either turn over & start but cut out immediately or just give me nothing when i turn it over. So what the heck is the problem?? Only things left to think of is to either just change the igntion assembly or get another bcm & key head.,:hmmm:

johnsy_vs

=Johnsy=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
could have something to do with the crank angle sensor or a knock sensor commodores tend to do that if you have a faulty sensor, pouring cold water over the crank angle sensor gives a temporary fix. but replacing it would be best.

chromic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 E2 R8 Maloo, 05 VZ CV8 Monaro, 96 VS V6 Ute
I got that problem too at the moment. (VY SS LS1). Mechanic checked fuel pump, plugs and leads were replaced. Next stop was the auto electrician, hooked the Tech2 up and apparently the PIM (Power interface module) is stuffed and needs to be fixed at the Holden Dealership. Next stop my car is at Holden Dealership at this moment. Hopefully they can sort it out. Will update when I get the news.

vsspack

King of the Mang
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Mang Machine
Let us know what it cost too please if you dont mind. Our VY Berlina V6 does the same thing. Turn the key all dash fires up but no turn over . Doesnt prime fuel pump etc. sounds like the same issue as here.

peppers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ESTEEM Wagon
hi guys this happened to my vs my problem was the key tho the micro chip in it or what ever it is was damaged and was cutting the engine out i used my other key and never had the problem again i hope your problem is this easy.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
I've had the same problem intermitantly, haven't solved it nor had it occur in a few months, Its not the key as mines brand new and the car should still crank without the key just wont fire.

shaun-o

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VS Commodore Executive
hi guys, i sort of have the same problem with my vs commodore. recently it was running fine then all of a sudden it would start cutting out and wouldnt start for a minute or two, one day it stopped and we couldnt get it started and we found out it was getting no spark. so we checked all the plugs and leads and even the coil pack and it was all fine and after a day it started first pop.
a week and a half ago i parked my car and the next morning it wouldnt start and untill now it will still just crank over but wont start the motor and it is getting plenty of fuel. i then checked the fault codes and it came up with 12,, perfect!
i was wondering if any one would have any information on what may be doing this? could it be the computer? any information on what might be doing this would be much appreciated.

cheers shaun

riot

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman
hi guys imy engine light was coming on and i found out it was the knock sensor so i changed it and now the engine light stays on dose eney one no if it has to be reset with a tech3 computer