Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY-VZ climate control

vzexec01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
just wondering , i have a vz climate control airbox and climate control facia , would these work inside a vz executive if so would i have to replace anything ie. BCM

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
hi there dont wana rain on your parade but the easiest quickest way is to change the whole body loom. I just finished myn today its a vt spac l67 and i swap the whole body loom and had to swap bcm witch i had with keys and pcm so you would have to swap to a high-lux bcm ,you will also need the sun sensor in the dash top middle near window also need the outside temp sensor and inside temp sensor.

is your aircon working now and all gassed up as you will need to get the gas taken out so you can remove the heater box witch is a pain if your aircon is working and have to pay to get it regassed more money. if air con is working i would wait until your aircon needs regassing as it cost $money to get it evacuated and reggassed. Also when i did myn i was going to bite it into the stock loom but as i had one there i used and it all works great now just finished it today.

i hope you understand what i am about to say next ,now with your standard vz it will have the aircon switch which send a signal to the bcm which the request the pcm to use air con well with the climate control version its different the is no air-con wire like the executive model the climate control has a serial data wire which communicates with such things like your dash ,abs,srs etc so they all communcate throug this one wire as aposed to the executive has a wire for the aircon switch witch goes to the bcm.

well i was going to do my conversion to my stock loom until i found this out as i know where every wire goes to but when i couldnt find a wire from the climate control module to start aircon well it had me stumped then i work out that it uses that serial data wire to communcate the air con request to bcm. Now i have finished that my brother wants to do his vt i have been doing heaps of research on this and read heaps of workshop manuals .I think i can do it by using the standard air con wire from standard switch but you will have to find a point in the climate cont module to drill a hole and soldier a wire into it to activate the air con via low-med bcm but dont try it yet as i have not done it myself , i am also guna try on my brothers to see if the climate module will communicate with the low-med level bcm through the standard looms serial data wire and see if the bcm will reconise the ac request if it dosent respond i will and to try and wire up a module to hook up to the standard loom air con wire but i am hoping the low-med bcm will recconize the air con request fingers cost but you will still have to do your heater box.

so i hope thsi helps you out so either you will need to do a whole body loom change or wiat to i master this as i wont lye down until i have made one work with standard loom and low-med bcm.

PeterRussi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cab Chassis
A mid level BCM will control climate systems, if its in the list when you plug in a tech two then it will work. Im doing a conversion on a VY one ton and have a system from an SS ute, from what I can see you just need to patch the climate control coms wire into the wire that goes to the radio for its communication with BCM. some changes to the blower motor wiring and temp sensors and your done. I looked at replacing the whole loom, no way that's a mammoth job far easier to patch into the standard loom .