Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loosing Charge

oedi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon 1996
Hi everyone!

I have a Holden Commodore VS 1996 Station Wagon and it lately something is drawing charge even when the car is turned off.The battery is only a year old and should be fine,it recharges pretty quick as well.
When I dont drive the car for 3 days the battery power is too low to start it up.With the starter cables it starts up fine and after having it run on idle for 30mins it starts flawless again.
I have basic electrical knowledge and a multimeter.
How would I find the short in the wiring?If someone could give me some hints would be awesome,other wise I´ll have to put a switch on the battery to take it off the power every time i dont drive but that´d be my last resort lol.
Cheers

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
won't be a short in the wiring, that would be causing fuses to blow.

your looking for something that is staying on. check glovebox light.

if not glovebox light, you need to connect an ammeter in series with the battery, and pull fuses till the prob is isolated.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
whats to say the battery is not stuffed? have you had it tested?? ive seen many faulty batteries in my time, new ones at that.
go get a free battery test first before you start stuffing around with anything else.