Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Horn wire disconnected ??

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
I was fixing my horn contacts on the steering wheel on my VS commy and have pulled the purple wire off its position behind the steering wheel, I haven't got a steering wheel puller to have a good look so can someone tell me if you have to take the steering wheel off to connect the purple wire back to were ever it has to go, or can you get to it from behind if you take off the plastic casing off were the indicator stalk is ?

appreciate any help
thanks

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
Ok, I have got the steering wheel off and can see were the black wire is [ sitting on a lug on the brass round plate ], but can't see were the purple wire fits onto at all.
any suggestions guys ? really need some help.

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
Does anyone have a clue, could there be something broken off ?

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
For tha sake of anyone else needing help with this, I finished up going to the wreckers and having a look for myself, the purple wire just fits into a slot on the front side of the actual steering wheel, the smallest hole, that was the problem, mine had fell through that slot which made me think it was connected up behind the steering wheel.
The black wire is soldered to the brass plate at the back of the steering wheel.

easy once you know what goes were.