Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1996 vr commodore immobilizer problem

orangeshannon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commo
hi i bourght a vr commo a few weeks back and the cars a write off so i want to take the engine out and transplant it into another car but the only thing thats stopping me on doing this is the stupid immobilizer and im not going to use the standard ignition barrel im going for a push button start thing and i would really like it if you could please help me to dissable the immobilizer i have looked in the passanger door for the switch and in the glove box and i cant find any switch. PLEASE HELP ME i have spent that many hours trying to find a way to fix this problem i just dont want to use the standard keys of it at all

Attachments

• !BviinlQBmk~$(KGrHqEOKj0EwOYbW1,eBMFDTg49Mw~~_12.jpg
    !BviinlQBmk~$(KGrHqEOKj0EwOYbW1,eBMFDTg49Mw~~_12.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 467

orangeshannon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commo
hey so if i take it down to the mechanics they should be able to disable it for me or is it more complicated?. cause i would be taking it down to where i used to work and they do car diognostic's dyno tuning ect.. so they might be able to help me out?

orangeshannon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commo
yeah im not to sure about that but i might go down there tommorrow and i'll ask them if they can do that sort of stuff there i hope they do haha :)

orangeshannon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commo
im confused the other day i was cutting the wireing loom and the car kept starting fine everytime even after leaving it for a while. im not to fussed as long as the car will keep starting how it is cause thats how i want it to be.