Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting a VS Auto wiring loom to a manual wiring loom.

johnsy_vs

=Johnsy=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
Hi im new to fourms, i have just converted my auto vs commodore seties to manual T5, only problem is i need to wire up my reverse lights and speedo. Also i am having problems with the car stalling when comming to a stop. Any help would be very much apreciated

johnsy_vs

=Johnsy=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
thanks for the link, but that dosent reslove the issue of stalling when comming to a stop?

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
if you read thru the guide or some of the replys i am pretty sure there is info on how to resolve that problem as well mate

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Yes it happens if you run a auto computer on a manual car because theres no speed signal going to the auto computer now

johnsy_vs

=Johnsy=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
markovr im running a manual computer through an auto wiring loom.... are u just saying its the same for running a auto through a manual wiring loom? and vpcalais6 i will check it out thanks mate.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Some info
speedsensor3.jpg

Last edited:

johnsy_vs

=Johnsy=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
vpcalais6 didnt find much useful information through that link..... im still stuck in the mud lol. :(

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Are you using the actual manual ecm wiring plug for the manual computer? as you can see by the circuit diagram the manual ,speed sensor is fed 12v and sends cluster and ecm (on terminal d2)pulses to make them work. The auto speed sensor recieves a high and low signal from the speed sensor and the ecm outputs it(on terminal c5) so the speedo can read it. If you use a auto wiring plug the violet/ white wire will be in the wrong location for the manual computer

Last edited:

johnsy_vs

=Johnsy=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
markovr thanks for that info i found it helpful, i have just rang up the same wrecking yard i got the manual conversion kit from, and he said he still had the manual wiring loom..... he said they can be pricey up to 150 but he gave it to me for 30$ i think this is the easiest solution. that way its not a half assed botched job lol :) but still thanks everyone for the information :)