Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no speedo in vp calais

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
hello all after a few problems some or all of you may have read in some of my other threads i have one problem left to face. just to bring you all up to date i have a vp calais that i have recently completed a complete vr calais loom conversion into. the reason behind this is im doing a vr/vs caprice dash swap. the looms swapped were body loom, headlight looms and climate control loom. the original vp engine loom and ecu remain. as most of you im sure know the vr has a 4L65E transmission and the vp has a 4L65 in other words vr electric vp hydraulic. how do i get the speedo to work with the vp ecu and vr cluster? any help greatly appreciated cheers

dave

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
no-one all i need to is which one wires specifically do i need to wire up to where i know meanvn and budwizer and few others have done this but im low on cash and cant get budwizer out here to do it for me and meanvn didnt or doesnt know exactly what went where

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Moved to here from speedo adjuster to avoid a thread hijack.

Have you got the car to start with the new loom etc.? The reason I asked about the BCM is that I think the VR anti-theft system works in a different way to that in the VP. The VP antitheft in the BCM only cuts power to the A6 pin on the ECM. I think that the VR system is a "rolling code" type where there is two way communication between the PCM and BCM to disarm the anti-theft.

If the car doesn't start with the VR BCM, you will have to figure out a way to get ignition on power to the ECM (pin A6). Easiest will be to simply turn the switch in the passenger A pillar (but that disables to the anti-theft). Unless you are using the VR remote and BCM together, the central locking won't work either. Otherwise you might be able to use the VP BCM and remote(s) with the VR harness.

If you have solved/avoided these problems it would be interesting to know how you did so.

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate yea the car starts and drives literally everything works as it should except the speedo. i do have the key head and bcm's working together with the vr loom and vp ecu and engine loom. the way i think i avoided it was cause its a complete loom from a donor car it was all plug and play a few plugs had to be changed but they were just interior lights and what not. i even changed the looms inside each headlight to avoid any hassles with a patch loom goin south on me lol.

i didnt end up havin a crack at it yesterday as i had a 50th to go to but next day off im puttin it on stands and gonna hack it out haha