Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VTII Wagon - rear wiper not working

kiwi_vt2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Waggy
Hi guys, I've just got a new (old) Commy. First time I've owned one in about 10 years, my last was a VN wagon.

Anyway, it has a few 'lecy-trickle problems and I've spent the last few hours reading here and finding out most of 'em are common... rear windows, aerial, etc... I'll work on those. The one I haven't found a solution for tho is the rear wiper. It doesn't go - although I hear the relay working in the dash when its switched on. I can also manually operate the wiper by hand which seems odd, as they are normally geared so low that they can't me moved manually once they stop... is this normal?

I'll pull it apart and have a look this weekend hopefully, but any pointers or tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
If you can in-fact operate it manually one would think you're spot on, it's stripped.. I think you will find that when you do pull it apart the motor its self is running when switched on....maybe

kiwi_vt2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Waggy
Thanks Dave, I'll post back what I find when I get the time to actually pull it apart. Its been too wet to do it here lately - which ironically is exactly the kind of weather I need the wiper working in :)

Steve