Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr custom ecu help needed

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
hi all i am trying to do a conversion in my vr and have been looking at ecu's and i want to know if i run say a motec how can i retain my 3 stage dash and climate control as it is v6 auto and i am wanting to use a toyota v8 with a t56 will using a aftermarket ecu bypass my 3 stage dash and give me trouble with the air con if so can i solve this prob i also would like to retain cruise control but not to worryied about that

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
hi there sounds like a good conversion dont really know but everything should be able to be made to work like ac can by wired independent of the ecu and cruise control doesnt use ecu any way except speed signal which shouldnt be a big prob cause you using t56 and the only thing that might be a problem is the fuel consuption display on the dash cause it come straight from the ecu but you'll have to see what happens good luck

edit:

sounds like a good conversion you've got happening there.

shouldn't cause to many issues with the CC system, the a/c can be wired independent of the ECU.

cruise control only uses speed signal from the ECU, so that shouldn't be to much hassle.

as for your Level 3 dash, as far as I know, the only thing that won't work will be the fuel consumption.