Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake lights and cruise control died fuses are all fine please help!!!!!!!!

peppers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ESTEEM Wagon
Hi i have a vs esteem wagon series 2 the brake lights went out the same time as the cruise control iv checked the fuses and they are all fine i dont even know where to start any help would be great thanks!!!!!! the gear lights also dont light up (i think it was the same time) :hmmm:

Edit: the cruise control turns on but wont engage.

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
for a start depending on your bcm I think you need your brake lights fully working to get cruise to work
Fuse 8 inside the car is the 12 v feed for the stop lights and cruise input.......... from that fuse 12v is fed straight to one side of the brake switch on a orange/blue wire and from the other side of the switch on a blue/red wire to the stop lights and cruise input.
43654d1199350748-cruise-control-manual-vn-clutch-pedal.jpg

here is a picture of the switch sitting bare with no wiring in my car.
When you push the brake pedal this switch should make and send 12v power to the stop lights and cruise input. It could be faulty ......try putting a piece of wire across the wires on each of these terminals and see if the stop lamps light up.

Last edited:

peppers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ESTEEM Wagon
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a faulty brake switch 15 bucks and a whole lot of stress gone thanks heaps!