Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
Hi all, just wondering if its possible to wire an aftermarket cruise control system up to the original VP commodore cruise switch block if i can get one or do i need to get a factory set up?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hi all, just wondering if its possible to wire an aftermarket cruise control system up to the original VP commodore cruise switch block if i can get one or do i need to get a factory set up?

Factory setup is easy to do if you collect all the parts from a wrecker - Berlina cruise switch block and connect it all up as per factory. :)

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
For ease of fitment and cost you really cant go past the factory cruise control...plenty of info if you do a search....only drama might be finding a wreck with a separate wiring loom of you can take out easily but shane from the previous post might be able to help.

Last edited:

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
Factory setup is easy to do if you collect all the parts from a wrecker - Berlina cruise switch block and connect it all up as per factory. :)

Hi mate, how do they actually work. Its always been something that i have never undserstood. From the switch what components go where and do what?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
here goes. Under the bonnet - Stepper motor and cable with 3 bolts & nuts. Lock nut for cable to throttle & speed clip. Cable mount bracket. Engine bay side loom (often cut on the engine side of the fire wall). Short joiner loom to get through the fire wall and hook up to the brake switch, swithcblock, fuse rail and cluster. If you work on that list you should all but be able to install cruise on your car. Best way is to get to a fresah wreck and get all the parts at once.

Get the wire diagram off JC and away you go - then ask any questions you may have along the way and you will have a VP with Cruise Control :)

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
here goes. Under the bonnet - Stepper motor and cable with 3 bolts & nuts. Lock nut for cable to throttle & speed clip. Cable mount bracket. Engine bay side loom (often cut on the engine side of the fire wall). Short joiner loom to get through the fire wall and hook up to the brake switch, swithcblock, fuse rail and cluster. If you work on that list you should all but be able to install cruise on your car. Best way is to get to a fresah wreck and get all the parts at once.

Get the wire diagram off JC and away you go - then ask any questions you may have along the way and you will have a VP with Cruise Control :)

Thanks mate, got heaps to do before i get there but i think i have a spare switch block somewhere so i might look at finding the parts.