Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

neon boot light

haydenvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX executuve s2
just brought a neon for my boot, cut them orange and black wire on the boot light cut off all the cig lighter **** on neon, tried twisting together
and no neon?
why isnt this working
help would be appreciated

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
You sure you've got the wires the correct way round? I have installed neons/leds and had to try the wires other way around, hasn't blown the neons or anything, I just try it both ways till it works. Don't blame me though if yours blows, LOL!

haydenvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX executuve s2
yeahh tried it every possible way
turns out ive killed asll interior lighting
glove box light boot light and centre light on roof
how the heck have i done this i only got the two wires in the boot
helpppppp?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
You must've blown the fuse, replace it and buy a couple of spares. I shorted the boot light globe out on the body while removing it and did the same thing. New fuse and all was good, try hooking them up the other way first, if you remember which way you did them the first time. I added some small LED's to my boot and boot lid and I may, if memory serves correctly, have tapped the pos wire to boot light pos and earthed the black wire to the body, but I just can't remember for sure.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
If it is a neon then maybe the transformer was inside the cig lighter.. Which would mean the neons aren't properly powered. With LED's you can cut the wire as short as you would like etc etc, but with neons, you can only cut up until the transformer.

Maybe you should look into that..

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Yes, Denno's right, there is sometimes a small transformer in the wires fairly close to the lighter socket, too.

haydenvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX executuve s2
well i did blow the fuse fixed that, neomn still not working was transformer in box wired that up but nothin arrrrrrrrrrrr

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Is there a reason you have neons at all? LED's are a better colour, just as bright, and use a fraction of the power, so you can leave them on in your car over night and still be able to start it perfectly in the morning..

Make sure you wired the transformer back up with the right polarity. Also, I'm not sure if you have possibly damaged the neons by trying to run them with no transformer..

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Try threading the wires through the back, to where the factory boot light socket is. Connect the wires into the back of the terminals and then pop the light socket back in (without the globe in there of course) Should work mate.