Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ps2 in vz

nicklong1993

iluminated
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 3.8l
basically im wondering how to go about wireing the power for a playstation into my car ive got everything wired but the power to the console what would be the most effective way to wire it in and wld it run off the cigarette lighter 12v cables ??:idea:

nicklong1993

iluminated
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 3.8l
ahk cheers mate wld be helpful

emir3008

Reaction score
Website
emir3008.deviantart.com
Members Ride
VS Calais
Sorry mate didnt get a chance to have a look but you can use a DC Inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter, but you need to calculate the watts for your inverter.

In-Car Power Inverter - Convert DC 12V to AC 240V and USB - 300W

Power Inverter 500W for Car, DC 12V in, AC 220-240V out - Online Shopping @ Shopping Square.COM.AU Online Bargain & Discount Shopping Square

The PS2 uses about 72W i think so youd need a monitor that uses anything under 428W if you were to get a 500W inverter, there pretty handy tho.

Thats one way ill see if i can find you another way.

nicklong1993

iluminated
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 3.8l
:) cheers mate 300watt should be heaps ive been told so the invertor is probably the cheapest option i rekon

nicklong1993

iluminated
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 3.8l
ive gt an indash dvd player with av input so monitor aint needed just power for the ps2

emir3008

Reaction score
Website
emir3008.deviantart.com
Members Ride
VS Calais
ah k yeah fair enough, yeah i read around and saw a few people were just running the ps2 straight from the battery, but apparently it can cause a few problems and the inverter is the safest option, and its also a + u can run heaps of other **** in your car just aslong as it stays under the rating.

anyways all the best mate.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
thats all i did with mine, iv got the in dash screen, i went to dicksmith an got a 300watt inverter an plugged the ps2 into that, had it for nearly 5 months no issues..

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
a good idea but,an old one. i hate to say it but bloody ford came out with a few vehicles factory fitted with a ps2. cant remember what model it was
(think it may have been a limited edition xr6 or something)but,there is bound to be full wiring details of how they did it somewhere around