Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VRii Calais wiper fail

jaysiin

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GTR v-spec II, VR Calais, Getz and a VLT
Need some help gurus...

My wipers wont turn off. So i bought a new stalk and it isnt the problem and they just keep wiping away.

Checked fuse. OK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JeffWM

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais
I had a VR Berlina where the wipers used to go flat out when turned on, no matter what speed I selected, intermittant, slow of fast.
it was the big resistor under the cabin air intake in the centre of the car, between the wiper arms.
It may be your problem and is much cheaper than a new wiper motor or switch.

Jeff

jaysiin

Reaction score
Members Ride
so yr saying it near the throttle body centre of wiper arms?

i took it to a mech to have a look at it and it didnt play up. now its raining again and its going nuts. annoying the **** out of me. any chance u can take a photo for me?

jaysiin

Reaction score
Members Ride

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
sounds like the wiper motor assembly needs replacing due to a faulty park switch.

it is also possible the BCM is keeping the intermittent circuit earthed, but most probably the park switch.

there is no resistor for wipers, just different brushes in the motor, in different locations.

jaysiin

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers wamboin.

its soooo annoying, it only happens when its raining. water must get in somewhere and makes it go nuts. i just cant switch them off. and if im lucky they will switch off after few days or so.

So many problems since i bought this as a daily. Had my R33 for 4years now and only replaced my fingerprint immoboliser as i didnt have a de-activating remote. Even my hyundai doesnt break down!

ill google now for a new wiper motor.

JeffWM

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais
I had a VR Berlina and the wipers went flat out when ever they were turned on.
I took it to my service centre and they changed the resistor located under the leaf screen for the air intake of the cabin, not air intake for engine. The next time the resistor went I bought another one from Conventys and fitted it myself. Remove both wiper arms, leaf screen and you can get at the resistor situated between the wiper arms, just below the windscreen. That was on my car, maybe they have different wiper arrangements. I dont know about that.

If you think its the wiper, remove the plate that covers the wiper contact and see if you can find why its not going open circuit when its turned off. Just maybe some one has put some conducting grease on the rotory switch to lubricate it, a No No.

jaysiin

Reaction score
Members Ride
fitted new wiper motor this arvo... still does it.. Where is the BCM located? anything else i should look for?
Not the stalk, or wiper motor as i have already ruled them out.