Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise lights both come on but cruise dosnt actually engage?

vsspack

King of the Mang
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Mang Machine
Since having 90percent of my electrical issues sorted out now on the vs,
for those interested it was a spike in the dash loom shorting out pretty much the whole interior electrics haha.
Anyway
the only thing im left to fix is the cruise control.
The lights from the stalk are working fine but it appears as though the modual is doing squat.
Driving at 40+kph and hit hte set button the lights come on but as soon as you take your foot off the go pedal it drops rpm and slows down as if cruise isnt there.
This is in a manual VS and im only running a brake switch at the moment as i havent put a clutch switch in yet.
I know of others not running a clutch switch so im aware that its not nessacary to make it work.

Any ideas?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heres a test you can do without driving the car to see if cruise is working .........clutch switch is a luxury and operation doesnt make any difference if you dont have one.
44056d1200382172-vn-cruise-control-cruise-diag.jpg

Last edited:

vsspack

King of the Mang
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Mang Machine
Cheers mate,
ill give this a go tonight i assume the part where it says select drive i should be right just putting it into gear ?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Cheers mate,
ill give this a go tonight i assume the part where it says select drive i should be right just putting it into gear ?
I think when you get that stage you have proven if the module is ok you dont rally have to do it but if the wheels are in the air and there is no chance of it coming off it should be ok as you dont have to really gun it... just get a varying speed signal

vsspack

King of the Mang
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Mang Machine
Well in a wave of genious i decided to check the cable to the throttle body, sure enough it wasnt connected. So hooked it up, drove got home and it had fallen off again.
Once ive cleaned the manifold and TB ill put a dab of silicone on the throttle cable mount to keep it in place :)

intensess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
hi, im having similar problem with cruise in my vn ss, i fitted factory cruise as the loom already existed in engine bay.
recently found out i was missing the 2nd brake switch to allow the cruise to shut off so got 1 and fitted it, however, cruise turns on (green light on on/off button comes on) but car will not hold speed once set.
1 thing confusing me is the switch has 4 pins but i only have enough plugs to cover 3.
any ideas....

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
circuit is pretty simple if the cruise is factory the brake switch plugs are grey and have two wires per plug and its a series type of circuit....any switch contact brakes takes 12v off module and cruise turns off....later models vr/s use original brake switch and run 2 separate circuits to module for brakes ...one that brakes contact and takes 12v off module to turn module off and another that makes and applies 12v to another terminal to turn module off
35d1083547536-vn-cruise-cruise-control-circuit.jpg

Last edited: