Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT electrical issue

fenda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
Hey guys am having a problem with my vt where the dash board lighting and stereo cuts out momentrly when i go over bumps, the headlights also flicker when this happens. Is there a simply answer to this prob? or am i goin ta have ta get an auto sparky to take a look?

fenda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
Have now replaced the battery, thought the problem was fixed but within half an hour it was doing it again has anybody else had this problem or know a solution cheers

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
with a mate, put the accessories on and have your headlights on (If you say they flicker to) and with your mate in the drivers seat watching the dash lights and stereo, wriggle the battery terminals (grab the wire leading to the terminals, not the actual terminal) then work you way along, wriggling and tapping bits, the loom from battery to fuse box, the fuse box itself, etc...

if it's happening from light bumps in the road whilst driving, chances are, its a pretty loose connection somewhere that will easily replicate with a light wiggling/tapping.

CAUTION:
Dont ever touch a bare electrical wire/contact with power on.

fenda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
cheers pantha had a bit of a go at what u where sayn but lets just say im not overlly savvy when it comes to the electrical side of things anyway $107.40 later from the local auto sparky n shes sweet as! put a new earth cable in n a few other cables replaced.