Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electric windows

deeelan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
ive got a vt acclaim series 2 with wind downs :(

im looking to convert them to electric i know ive got the loom under the center console
i havent looked if the looms are in the doors so im wondering if anyone would know if all the wiring is already there and that all i have to do is buy switches and motors?
or if im making this sound easier than it is lmao

also wondering how hard it would be?

paulbenning

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
it is very easy to do you will also need all 4 door wiring looms and if you have a Low BMC you need to do a bmc bypass.

deeelan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
so series 2 vts dont have door looms just the switches in the center console? i know ive got the looms in the console but i havent had time to take the trim off and look in the doors

i dunno what bmc is man im pretty new to everything just know bits and peices lol...

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
BCM Stands for Body Control Module, This module is used in Commodores VP Onwards and controls many functions of the car, such as locks, lighting and security. One of the functions of the BCM is controlling power windows.

deeelan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
uhhuh so how would i know if i have a low bcm or not?

my theory is since the looms are there that the looms will be in the doors and that the bcm will be okay, since its series II and the features were optional?
just a theory but i have no idea lmao