Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn berlina converted to maual with crusie control?

shnap2nd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BERLINA MANUAL
i have a manual vn berlina which was converted about 9 months ago but the motor and box came out of a vn exec but i want the cruise control to work the guy i brought the car off said it is not possible to wire up the cruise on the t5 is this true?
is there some way it can be done?
the module is still there it even powers up the light comes on when u push the power button.
any reccomendation who (auto electrician) i could take this too?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
of course you can....the gearbox has nothing to do with cruise....my car is a t5 and it has cruise....the only difference is how the speed sensor is wired to the speedo head between autos and manuals...but if your speedo is correctly wired (and works),its speed sensor input and wiring for cruise control will work the same.....you can put a clutch switch in as convenience but cruise control will still work without it.
Holden never put cruise control on manual vn/p/r/s ...there must have been some issue they couldnt make fool proof on the clutch switch but you can fit it just the same and it works fine.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
fix it yourself...theres plenty of info on this forum to do it....did it work before you did the conversion....if it did and your speedo works with the new gearbox , check the brake switch is adjusted properly and read this
If the power light comes on it means theres 12v on the circuit from fuse 11 (some vns use fuse 10) on the pink wire...see how simple the circuit is? the brake switches just supply 12v to the module (with no brake applied) on terminal D and when you apply the brakes 12v is taken away and the module stops working. When you press any of the other s/c or r/a buttons on the righthand switchblock ,about 12v is momentarily put on the wire feeding the cruise module and it applies what you what you want it to do. The speed signal from the speedo head feeds pulses to the module on terminal K so once the cruising speed is selected, for it to regulate the throttle via the cable to keep the speed constant.While it is doing this ,it also outputs 12v from terminal J to feed the crs idiot light.
35d1083547536-vn-cruise-cruise-control-circuit.jpg

Last edited:

shnap2nd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BERLINA MANUAL
well i bought the car off my mate he got it with a blown motor so he had a vn v6 with a 5speed out of his vn exec wagon so he just replaced the whole k frame and all........ all i want is the cruise to work but thanks for the detailed info i will give this a go wen i get a chance! muchly appreciated.