Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 4L60e wiring issue

pungent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L
A quick run down as to where i'm at now and what has been done.

It's a VR V8 and have converted to a VS Auto box.

We changed to VS wiring harness and computer that was in the car with the box and also ran the same tune in the ecu.

Basically everything that was in the VS to run the engine and box is now in the VR.

Now where it starts to get confusing.

The VR was running with VR auto V8 ecu and harness and always had the engine light on but the car had been converted to manual so we had just put down that the engine light was due to not having the auto in it (this is not my car by the way) and error codes were never checked.

Now we have the engine light on and is in limp mode and we have errors

Code 66 - 3 - 2 Shift Control Solenoid Circuit Fault - Auto Transmission Only

Code 67 - TCC ON - OFF Solenoid Control Fault - Auto Transmission Only

Code 81 - 2 - 3 Shift Control Solenoid 'B' Fault - Auto Transmission Only

Code 82 - 1 - 2 Shift Control Solenoid 'A' Fault - Auto Transmission Only

Now what I have done is found the wires that come out of the ecu that control these particular parts of the gearbox and by the wiring diagram it say's they should all have 12 volts with ignition on.

I get zero volts at all these wires with ignition on straight from the ecu.

All earths etc are connected and fine.

We have checked all fuses and all the power wires into the ecu as well as all other wires associated with the gear box and everything reads ok.

Is there something simple we have missed or what else could be wrong.

If there was something wrong inside the box then the ecu would still have power going out to the gear box so I don't see any reason at moment to pull pan of box if the power isn't getting to it to start with.

Any help or idea's would be appreciated.

PS. We have tried another ecu and had the same result, also loaded a couple of different tunes into the memcal and still had the same issue and same error codes.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
sounds like the trans fuse is blown or not hooked into the engine loom on the drivers side of the engine

pungent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L
Hey mate this may sound really dumb but where do we find the trans fuse. I have checked every fuse that I know exists and they are all fine but I can not find an actual labeled trans fuse.

Is the trans plug that hooks into the main wiring the same plug the fuel pump etc hooks into the main loom. If so this part of the wiring has been dodged up a bit so could be the problem.

This is not my car and the car is at a mates place so I am half relying on him to check stuff as well.

Your response is very highly appreciated. Also are you the same person from the delco site??

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
trans fuse isinside under the steering colomn in the fusebox .yes it will be in the plugs that join the engine loom to the body loom beside the battery ide say unless its in the inside on the engine loom to dash loom plug should be in the engine bay one though i think.yeah thats me everywhere

pungent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L
Cool mate, the delco site is awsome with lot's info which has helped me heaps. Thank's!!

All the fuses under steering colomn are all good. I know the plug near the battery is plugged in as I did that my self but I know that part of the wiring has been dodged up by a previous owner before I brought the car the box came out of. I had a problem with fuel pump wiring in my car due to it and never got around to fixing it properly.

Will check this and let you know how we go. Thank you again.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the wire feeding 12v into the trans is pink and blue and is switched ignition power shouldnt be too hard to find it

pungent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L
A HUUUUGE THANKYOU!!!

Turns out that the connecting plug was different. The pink and blue wire went in the middle bottom of the body harness plug but was in the top middle of the engine harness plug. We just put a by pass wire in till we get more time to do it properly but is now all good.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
cool as mate