Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

neons in boot

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
got several neons I wanna wire in the boot, came preloaded with ciggy adapters, cut off ends so plus minus connections but no fuse or anything, mate has one running off his VR bootlight power connection on its own.

Is it ok to do this in most cars? friend wants me to do it to her dihatsu crap, and how many can you double tap of these supplies if you can do it.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I have seven small single LED's in my boot running off the factory boot light. Being leds, they draw next to no power. I guess if you overloaded it with too many, it would just blow the fuse and not burn out wires? LOL

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
in my pc case modding days managed to burn out the wires putting 2 Neons on one power rail of a 450w power supply lol

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
should be fine dude, just hook it up to the existing power to the boot light. It will draw hardly any power, and if you need to you can always put a bigger fuse in

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
should be fine dude, just hook it up to the existing power to the boot light. It will draw hardly any power, and if you need to you can always put a bigger fuse in

I wouldn't recommend putting bigger fuses in. If you max out the fuse than run a bigger wire to the battery with an appropriate fuse to suit.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I agree, with acarmody on not putting in bigger fuses. LED's draw stuff all power, I also have them in different storage compartments etc inside the car running off the parker/headlight curcuit and there's never been a problem.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
well neons will give it a shot. if it farks fuses should protect

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
Mod all done, looks awesome.

Head's up to anyone wiring, I made sure to use neon lights with inbuilt fuses, that way if you farx anything its only the fuse going down and nothing else (back in the pc days I did manage to melt a pair when the tranformer box they included wasnt adequate enough and overloaded the copper wiring).

built a 3 way connector for each plug off the - connector. connected both lights and hte boot light, neon each side. awesome look
|