Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine immobiliser

williamj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 1tonner
Can anyone help us. My son has a VR sedan with a electrical problem. No immobiliser light flashing, no electric windows, no cruise control. no central locking, and not starting by key , but will run when the starter relay is removed and puting a jumper between the terminals that except 30 and 87 on the relay

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Tried some new relays/checked fuses?
On the VPs, fuse 11 controls cruise control, mirrors, door locks

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
yep check fuses first, if your car still wont crank with the key but will still start when you bridge the start relay there is a grey wire with blue trace where your shifter is which you can just cut then earth to a bolt and you should be able to start it. had a vr wagon come into work which wouldnt crank with the key but would start when you bridge the start relay, basically we werent getting an earth for the start relay and traced it back to the bcm and the customer wanted a cheap fix so we just earthed the grey/blue wire which is near the inhibitor switch on the shifter.

mikee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore 5.0 ltr 4 spd
did you get it worked out..my mates dad is an auto elec..ill ask him next time see him..

Rgsyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec 500k & still going
I have had similar trouble like this.
I have earthed the Blue /Grey wire now it cranks without reprogramming new key.( previously i had to leave the ignition on for apprx. 1 hr. hear the click then it would start and run.)
Now with the wire earthed it cranks over but doesnt fire, I tried jumping the fuel pump relay & no go.
any suggestions would help.

Psmithavsupplies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 3.8ltr exec A/T
check the body control module (bcm), its behind the fuse cover (in car) above the heater duct. the body control module deals with all the security inc immobiliser, it possible the key and bcm are not talking.
Rgsyes, i belive bypassed the immobiliser, this is a very handy trick especially if you have a BCM issue.