Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx s pac to calais interior light upgrade question

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
well i upgraded my vx s pac interior lights to a calais setup, rear country lights, calais centre light with map lights, and i all so installed the calais roof wiring harness.

The problem i have is the plug at the calais center roof light is wired differantly from the s pac one, the black wire (from s pac harness) is now replaced with a purple wire (calais harness) thats not connected to any thing down at the plug next to the drivers seat, (so it does nothing and im not sure what its for). the map lights work when you push the buttons but the center main light doesnt turn off. and it doesnt matter if its on-off or on doors. it only turns off when the car is started or the car is locked.

how can i get it to work normally with the on-off-door function????

i tryed looking it up in the geogery manual but not sure how to fix it can you please help me out?

tufwgz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Wagon
thought i'd post seeings no one else is mate, i might not be able to help but i'll help you think about it......i'm not too familiar with the VT-VX onwards wiring setups, but can you not run that wire and connect it to the wire that makes the centre light turn on when the doors are open????

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
well they do turn on/off when the car is unlocked/locked. the problem is you cant turn the main light on or off on the switch if your just sitting in the car. only until the is started or locked