Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my headlights flicker when indercator turns off

D-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SV8
I own a vt 97 berlina and ive noticed when driving at night my head light quickly flicker when the indercator lever clicks back after turning a cornering. It does it everytime the indicator turns off. Only flickers with the low beam but not the highbeam. any healp will be great

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
I own a vt 97 berlina and ive noticed when driving at night my head light quickly flicker when the indercator lever clicks back after turning a cornering. It does it everytime the indicator turns off. Only flickers with the low beam but not the highbeam. any healp will be great
My VS Ute has this same problem, the flicker only happens sometimes and it's for a split second.
If there is a lot of fiddling i don't think it's worth going into.

mcin7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
My VP was doing this too, buying a indicator stalk off eBay soon fixed it.

The problem I was having was the switch. It was faulty and shorting out with the high-beam switch causing the relay to trigger.

I'd just open the bonnet and flick the indicator stalk flat out and listen for relays to go off when the problem happens.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
from what i've heard. as above^^^^^^^^^^ indicator stalk. mine is doing the same, sometimes hi-beam was flicking on when the indicator cancelled too. im going to put a new indicator stalk in mine shortly i'll let u know how it went

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Mine does it too. Either get a new stalk, ignore it (like me), or simply stop using your indicators. Option 3 seems to be most popular these days

D-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SV8
Mine does it too. Either get a new stalk, ignore it (like me), or simply stop using your indicators. Option 3 seems to be most popular these days

Ha funny, ive tried to forget to use my indicator but still do it by habbit. Those that will try the new stalk keep us posted. cheers all

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
stalk.
or
altenator not charging enough under load but it will do it on high beam too if thats it!~