Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto window up/closer

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
ok so i bought an auto window closer for my vx and i need to know where is the best place to access the wiring loom i dont think it will fit under the console and it needs a + trigger which i believe can be found in the drivers foot well bk/y wire IIRC correctly but i'm not sure if the window loom runs there as well

anyone done this and or be of some help

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
not sure bought from ebay ...
you get 2 types of it, 1 at a time which i got or, all up at once

did you install it yourself ?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah i installed it myself but i only wired it so it only does the drivers window cause i never really have others in my car. the one i fitted i put the module box under the centre console close to the power window switches. my one needed 3 wires which went to constant power which i got from behind the fuse box which was a thick red wire i think, an earth wire which i just put to a bolt with a ring terminal and a trigger wire which you can find by removing the side panel at the end of the dash and you will see a plug which then goes into the door, you can use a test light to find which wire lights up when you lock the door and just tap into that wire.
For the window wiring you need to use a test light while pressing the up button on the window switch and which ever one lights up you cut that wire and there should be 2 wires coming from the auto up module, on mine one wire had a fuse holder which was wired to the motor side of the cut wire and the other wire from the module went to the window switch side of the cut wire if that makes sense.
then you just do the same thing for the rest of the windows which is all done at the centre window switch

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
^^^^^

yeah that makes perfect sense i just got the unit and that's how i'm supposed to wire it but where can i find the loom closer to the trigger + i know that's in the drivers foot well is the window loom there as well as the trigger wire is short compared to the wires for the windows

cheers

David

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VY SS
maybe you could just extend the trigger wire, im unsure if the windows loom is near the kick panel but i would think it would be alot easier getting to the wiring right at the centre switches which worked well for me

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I know this is an old thread, but hoping i can get some answers.

I bought a $30 one of ebay, which does the windows 1 after another.

I am wondering where and how i can go about wiring it in so when the car is dead locked (VZ) via the key, the windows wind up.

I am hoping i can do all the wiring purely around the centre console and BCM and not have to go anywhere near the door wiring.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VY SS
yes that cab be done but the trigger wire is still near the door, you can remove the side panel on the end of the dash and you should be able to see the wiring going into the door then just use a test light to find which wire lights up when you deadlock it. when i first installed mine i had it set up that way but ended up changing it so winds the window up when you press the lock button once.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
yes that can be done but the trigger wire is still near the door, you can remove the side panel on the end of the dash and you should be able to see the wiring going into the door then just use a test light to find which wire lights up when you deadlock it. when i first installed mine i had it set up that way but ended up changing it so winds the window up when you press the lock button once.

The trigger is only for when to wind up the windows?

Can that not be wired directly to the wiring of the BCM instead of the door trigger? Or is it because the door trigger easier?