Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery to Boot

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
hey guys im looking soon at installing my battery to boot

couple of questions

what is the best size power cable to run from the starter to battery

and can the wire be ran inside the car , similar to installing a amp wiring kit

and from what i can understand i need to do a ground wire from the battery to the boot and one from the block of the motor to the body ???

anything else i should be aware of

cheers guys

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Best cable size - 0 Gauge from battery to starter pole.
Can you run it inside the car - Yes.
Grounding - Battery to Chassis, Block to Chassis.

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
ok great where is the best place to buy the 0 gauge wiring. had a look at supercheap and repco and there had nothing that big

tufwgz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Wagon
just on this topic, i am currently building my car up, and will be looking to relocate battery to boot. the onyl thing i am worried about is that i have a wagon and it's currently unregistered. is it legal for me to relocate my battery to my boot as it will then be inside the car and have no outside ventilation..??

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
just on this topic, i am currently building my car up, and will be looking to relocate battery to boot. the onyl thing i am worried about is that i have a wagon and it's currently unregistered. is it legal for me to relocate my battery to my boot as it will then be inside the car and have no outside ventilation..??

Problem with relocating a battery to the boot (which is considered in the cabin, vetilation wise) or the back of the wagon... is you must use a proper battery box and run a ventilation line/tube.

BUT... if you use a SEALED battery, then you dont have ventilation problems. only thing is, that a sealed battery is more expensive than a standard lead-acid car battery.

tufwgz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Wagon
Problem with relocating a battery to the boot (which is considered in the cabin, vetilation wise) or the back of the wagon... is you must use a proper battery box and run a ventilation line/tube.

BUT... if you use a SEALED battery, then you dont have ventilation problems. only thing is, that a sealed battery is more expensive than a standard lead-acid car battery.

thanks for that, yeh i thought it might be either or...either having a ventilation pipe or just haveing a sealed battery, i'll go down the sealed battery way. Cheers Pantha!