Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ No power to cigarette lighter socket

davevz

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SV6
G'day,
I have lost power to my cigarette lighter socket. Fuse is ok and been checked, there is 12v at the fuse socket, but nothing at the cig lighter socket or the plug which connects it under the console. I know of someone with a VZ berlina with a similar fault. Is this is a common fault?? Does anyone have a wiring diagram with the cigarette lighter circuit??
p.s. I have also lost illumination behind the dimmer section of the headlight switch.

Thanks, Dave.

steve44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
G'day,
I have lost power to my cigarette lighter socket. Fuse is ok and been checked, there is 12v at the fuse socket, but nothing at the cig lighter socket or the plug which connects it under the console. I know of someone with a VZ berlina with a similar fault. Is this is a common fault?? Does anyone have a wiring diagram with the cigarette lighter circuit??

Thanks, Dave.
I have the same prob, does anyone know how to fix?

Andy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Possible you have a fault between the Fuse Box and the actual port itself. Do you have a 2nd port somewhere in the car (One reserved for stuff like a fridge and the likes)? Most common place for one of