Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY foglights

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
hey all
ive searched the forum and still cant find the answers to what i need
i put a set of vz foggies on my vy s (series 2) on the weekend which doesnt have the wiring already done. i intend to get a switch from holden that will incorporate the foglight switch. ill also be getting the relay from holden.
is the connection on the vz foggies the same as the vy ones?
also what grade of wire should i be using to wire them up?
and if anyone has the time could i get some rough instructions as to how to go about wiring them up? i am going to try to get a wiring pack from holden with instructions but im not sure if they have one or how much it would/could cost

liv4bass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore
ok here is my 2 cents mate. If you want them to work when u flick the switch on and turn off when u flick the switch off this is how i would go around it. You will have to put the switch through a relay otherwise after a while the switch contacts will burn out. Mount the relay somewhere in your engine bay. If u look on a relay they have the following numbers 30 85 86 and 87. Personally i would be using 4 mm wire for all the connections except power from the battery which ill state later. Connect terminal 87 to your positives on both lights (most relays come with two 87 terminals so run seperate wires from each 87 if you can) . Now connect your new fog lights negative to a good earth point on the frame. Connect terminal 85 to a good earth as well. Now run a wire in to your dash where ur switch is (make this wire loop back in to where the relay is). Join your switch in by cutting the wire and joining it to either side of the switch. Now the wire coming back in to the relay from the dash must be crimped to another piece of 5 mm wire and these get joined to the 30 terminal on the relay. Now run the piece of 5mm to your battery through a fuse and ur all sweet to go. To work out what size fuse u need use the simple rule Power used(wattage of globes combined) = amps (fuse size at least needed) x voltage (12v)

hope this helps u out mate if you dont get any of it just ask im happy to help