Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temperature sender.

c0rrupt_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT
Gday guys, im new to this forum, so if its been asked 100s of times, please be gentle......
Anyway, on my sc vt i am having some over heating issues, the thermos are not activating, although the engine is hot, i have replaced the relays, and when i hook up direct power to the fans they work with no issues, I know its getting hot as we all know the smell, but the temp gauge does not even get to half, so my suspisions are that the temp sender may not be sending the right info.

Any thoughts and the location of the temp sender would be appreciated.

Cheers guys, and great forum.....

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I'm sure you'll get some help, but only post your problem up in one thread

c0rrupt_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT
Yeah, no worries bud, just didnt know where to put it

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Ahhh Yesss! The old "Relay Trick" You say you have replaced the relays, well are you aware that the Fan Control Relay in the relay box is a "5 LUG" Relay NOT a 4 Lug Relay. My guess is that you have put a 4 Lug relay in the receptacle (yes it will fit) instead of a 5 Lug Relay. Its a real nuisance & GMH should be shot for allowing this intermix of relays to occur so easily. Anyway I reckon thats your problem , check & see.